Top Tips for Fundraising: Part One
Raising enough money for the YOUTH event can seem daunting. However, it isn’t impossible and doesn’t have to consume all of your group’s time and energy. The fundraising process can become a way to bond as a group before leaving for YOUTH 2019. We’ve put together a list of 25 cost saving tips to help you and your youth group raise funds and have fun. Over the next few month we will be sharing these tips with you. Let us know some of your favorite fundraising tips in the comments.
- Make the YOUTH event part of your regular four-year rotation. Instead of another large trip, take your EXISTING FUNDRAISERS and use them to attend the youth event.
- PARENT SAVER MEALS Once a quarter (spring, summer, fall, winter) send youth home with a disposable foil pan and lid. They make a dish (oven ready like a casserole, poppy seed chicken, etc) and bring it back the next Sunday. Then sell them for $15-$20 each. When the youth event gets closer, offer them more regularly.
- UPCYCLE FURNITURE. You probably have some crafty people in your church. So scour thrift stores, and online sources, to find beat up and either free or cheap furniture. Then recover or decorate those items and post the furniture for sale twice a year. It also helps your youth connect with adults in your congregation as they work on projects together.
- Do a SPECIAL DINNER NIGHT with reservations, candlelit tables, and a choice of preordered of lasagna, chicken fettuccini, etc. You could combine this with a talent show, choir performance, or play depending on the year.
- Look for opportunities to WORK and SELL CONCESSIONS at local sports events or community events. (pro, amateur, college, prep) and have our earnings donated back to the church. Its amazing what a well-placed popsicle stand at a local soccer tournament can raise!