Top Tips for Fundraising: Part Two
Happy 2018! Can you believe that YOUTH 2019 is next year?! Its hard to imagine but true! And that means its time to start fundraising so you and your youth group can come hang with us in Kansas City. Today on the blog we’ve got 5 more fundraising tips to help make your job easier. Enjoy!
- Does your church have good child care facilities? If so you can offer PARENT’S NIGHTS OUT or DATE NIGHTS. For per child fee, youth provide childcare, food, and activities for 2-4 hours of time. It really makes parents happy to have some time to themselves.
- Find LOCAL RESTAURANTS willing to give a PERCENTAGE OF SALES back to your youth group. Depending on the restaurant you can sometimes get as much as 25% of the sales.
- CHILI COOK-OFF WITH SAMPLING – $10 per chili entry. $10 per sampling ticket, $12 at the door. First prize winner gets the entry fees. You keep the sampling ticket money. Judged by pastors, church staff, and other church members. Additional prizes are awarded for people’s choice.
- You can try the WALL OF MONEY (144 ENVELOPES). Mark each envelope 1-144. People take an envelope (at random or of their choosing) and the amount on the envelope is what the donor contributes. If every envelope is taken, it totals nearly $10,000! You can also label the envelopes with “miles” if you want to get a little more creative!
- A great money maker is HOUSE SITTING, PET SITTING, GETTING MAIL, LAWN WORK, ETC. The youth leader coordinates a list of youth and families willing to work. Start with working for church members and if that goes well have them recommend your group to others in the community. We recommend no hourly rates; just donations.
So, what are some of your favorite fundraising tips? Let us know in the comments and you could see yours on the blog sometime soon!