Top Tips for Fundraising: Part Four
January 17, 2018 • 0 Comment
Welcome to part four of our Top Tips for Fundraising. We hope these tips are helping you and your youth group get ready for YOUTH 2019. If you use any of these fundraising tips be sure to let us know how it goes!
- Hold a COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE and a FISH FRY take-out dinner (or whatever kind of dinner you want!) Many times you can make about one-third of what your group will need for the trip.
- PIE A PASTOR! Come on, that sounds fun! Right?! Put jars out for several weeks and the church staff or adult leader with the most amount of money in their jar gets a pie in the face. For extra fun try this: Coins count as positive, and paper money counts as negative. That way, adults can donate to their own jar and reduce their chances of getting pied! Draw names on Pie Day to see which youth get to throw the pie!
- It may be January now but Christmas will be here before you know it! Do a CHRISTMAS CARE NIGHT at church from about 5:30-8:30. Provide fun and games for kids and hopefully the parents can enjoy a night out or Christmas Shop. Set a dollar amount per child but also take donations. AS an added bonus offer GIFT WRAPPING. Parents drop off their gifts when they pick up their kids, then the presents are wrapped by the next Sunday.
- Get your local business involved! If your town has a local drink/paint show try hosting a “COOKIES & CANVAS” night. Encourage church members to bring a friend and come paint and eat cookies. Ask the business to give their group rate and then charge for tickets. As an added bonus see if they business will give a donation.
- Figure out the mileage for the trip and how much each mile should cost. Have SPONSOR THE TRIP BY THE MILE.