Top Tips for Fundraising: Part Five
January 24, 2018 • 0 Comment
- SUPER SUB SANDWICHES (OR OTHER GOOD EATS) for SUPER BOWL SUNDAY. Take pre-orders and payment in January, then get the produce donated and have the kids make the food, ready for pick up the morning of the big game. You can do it with sub sandwiches and burritos. Price the sandwiches to what you think is best.
- FUNDRAISING LETTERS. Draft a fundraising letter and have your youth copy is, personalizing as needed, and send it to people who love them. Have the youth address their envelopes and the church pay postage. When you come home from the event have the youth send thank you notes to all those who supported them.
- COMMUNITY TRIVIA NIGHT! People may purchase individual admission or whole tables. Set up the youth room or fellowship hall with music. Have youth create and run the questions. As an added bonus serve finger foods doing the event.
- GAS 2 GO. Place a new, empty gas can in the narthex. Encourage folks to drop in their spare change (bills and checks also accepted) after every service. Count and post amount each week. Use all the money for for travel to YOUTH 2019.
- SEASONAL FESTIVALS. Fall festival with pumpkins, face painting, and other games. A Christmas gathering with cookies, caroling, and cider. A spring festival with games and outdoor activities. Whatever time of the year you can create a festival! Another idea would be to have music and contests ad hold the event after church on a Sunday.