All Things Scholarship
You want to get to YOUTH 2019.
We want you to get to YOUTH 2019.
YOUTH 2019 is going to be a great experience for your youth, for you, and for your church.
Scholarships can help make that happen if your group has a need.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE SCHOLARSHIPS PAGE AT YOUTH2019.COM
Here’s the basics for scholarships to YOUTH 2019:
- Apply for a scholarship first, then register for YOUTH 2019.
- An individual can apply for a scholarship. Your maximum award will be $150.
- A group can apply for a scholarship. That maximum award for any church is $500.
- Any scholarships awarded will be used to reduce the cost of registration to YOUTH 2019.
- Applications are due (at the latest) on January 1, 2019.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis, starting in August 2018. Once your application is received, you should hear back within 2 weeks.
- YOUTH 2019 is a connectional event for youth in the United Methodist Church. Sooooo, the application asks you to make connections to your local church, district, conference, and jurisdiction to inquire about any funding sources for the trip. Sometimes there are undiscovered resources and awesome new connections waiting to be made!
- Scholarships will be awarded in time for groups to register using the early bird rate for YOUTH 2019, $319.
- These scholarships are provided by Young People’s Ministries (a unit of Discipleship Ministries)
OTHER FINANCIAL HELPS
We know that attending YOUTH 2019 is a significant investment of time, energy, and money. Detailed planning can help keep the per person cost as low as possible.
- Take advantage of early bird rates! The $319 price is available until January 31, 2019. Get your group registered at the lowest possible price.
- Remember, a group gets 1 complimentary registration for every 10 paid spots. If your group is smaller than 11 people, pair up with another smaller church (or two), register together and get that free spot!
- Look for other groups from your area who might be willing to rideshare. Ask your Annual Conference Office if they have a chartered bus or any kind of travel arrangements in the works for YOUTH 2019. Several are working to book vehicles. Count how many seats in vehicles you have, and fill them. The closer to capacity you are, the lower the per person travel costs will be.
- Ask participants, families, or church members to donate shared snacks/food for long car rides. Instead of buying gas station or fast food while on the road, make pit stops at rest areas, run around, get tired, and eat from the collected community food.
- You can book hotel rooms before entering names in your registration. Estimate how many hotel rooms your group will need, and book those early to ensure you get the hotel you want at the price you want.
- Confirm that your choice of hotel has a fridge in the room. If not, get some ice and fill a bathtub to make a giant cooler! Bring groceries with you, shop on your way in to town, or shop at the grocery store in downtown KC to keep your food costs low.